We believe that proper dress for staff and students helps to create a positive and safe Catholic learning environment consistent with the mission and values of Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools.
All staff and students are required to adhere to reasonable and respectable standards in dressing and grooming for a focused working and learning environment. The idea is that there are certain clothes that are appropriate for the classroom, and certain clothes that are not. St. Joseph High School has a dress code that reflects the principles of modesty.
Principles of Modesty
All staff and student attire must be in keeping with our Catholic teachings and beliefs, and reflect principles of modesty and shall not include the following:
- short shorts/skirts, bare midriffs, halter tops, tank tops, etc.
- accessories such as spiked bracelets/necklaces or any externals not in keeping with the spirit.
- language and/or representation on attire that indicates discrimination, hatred or violence, profanity or obscene gestures or the use of alcohol or drugs.
- headgear of any kind during the school day i.e. hats, hoods, bandanas, visors, etc.
- for physical education and dance classes, students are expected to change into appropriate attire.
Students may be asked to go home to change so as to comply with the school expectations for modesty, respect and appropriate dress.